BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Quitting!



I have been avoiding the computer lately because I am quitting smoking. The only place I smoked was in front of the computer. I quit on the first of April because of the price increase. I simply don't want to give my money to the government or the tobacco companies anymore. Each day I don't smoke, I transfer $4.00 from my checking into my savings. It should add up quickly. The savings will go for a vacation or something special. It has been hard, but 30 year old habits are not easy to break. The worst time of day is in the morning with my first cup of coffee. But, each day is getting easier. I can't wait for the day when I can finally say I am a non-smoker.

9 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

good for you for quitting! I'm sure it's not easy, but it will be worth the effort.

Brea's Mommy said...

Congrats on quitting. I hope it works for you! This is something I have been wanting to do too and plan to try soon!

pam said...

Good for you. I will be excited to see how much you have saved. Keep up the good work:)

Lynette said...

super amazing awesome i am so happy for you it takes one day at a time but keep on going

A Cheap Chick said...

I feel your pain, I quit after 25 years! It's been 9 years since I had a cigarette BUT I do like to stand by other people that are smoking to get a little second hand. :)

ahappyhippy mom said...

Congrats on quitting! I use to smoke almost two packs a day and quit cold turkey! That was 7 years ago and I haven't had a cigarette since. You can do it!

Kristi said...

Way to go! Keep it up - and when you do sit at your computer - remember that all your blogging friends are watching you! (:

Amy said...

Congrats to you. I know it will not be long when you say "I do not smoke"

Happy Easter.

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Good for you!!! Keep it up!

Thanks for entering my Bug Book giveaway. Maybe you will win!