BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Quit Smoking Update



According to a little gadget I have, it has been 1 month, 3 days and 5 hours since my last cigarette.I have saved $132.00 so far and best of all I have added 2 days seven hours and twenty minutes to my life. My legs feel better thanks to improved circulation and it's much easier to go up and down stairs. On the negative side, I have gained 5 pounds. Quitting smoking has been hard, but not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I still have strong cravings for a cigarette, but the cravings last for a shorter period of time.

11 comments:

Brea's Mommy said...

Congrats my quit date is tomorrow I am a little nervous, but know that it is the best thing to do for my dd.

songbird's crazy world said...

congrats. you can do this!

tooearly said...

Congrats! It gets easier as time goes on. I quit 16 or 17 years ago.
Keep up the good work.

itsahumanzoo said...

Way to go! I quit cold turkey a few years ago and never looked back.

Lynette said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU
YIPPPPEEEEE
YOU GO GIRL
YOU ARE SO STRONG

REMEMBER THAT YOUR GOING TO LIVE LONGER AND HAPPIER WITH THIS DECISION!

Linsay said...

great for you for quitting smoking. i just found out im pregnant so i had to quit cold turkey. No cigarettes and prego hormones dont mix too well. god bless my husband. anyways i just started following you and im trying to build my followers so i can start doing givaways and id really apreciate it if youd join. thanks. and good luck.

Native American Momma said...

What a great gadget ! Congrats.

turnitupmom said...

I admire your perseverance and committment! Anything is possible with will power :) Good for you!

SonyaAnn said...

Cyber round of applause for you!! Good job!

JamericanSpice said...

Wow...that's a journey. Congratulations. My mother has quit too and I hope she is continuing on her journey.

Cheryl said...

Great job! Us Ex-smokers need to stick together and support each other! Way to go!