BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter


I love everything about Easter, the pastel colors of spring flowers, marshmallow peeps, the brightly colored eggs, children in new spring clothes, but most of all the end of winter-which is always a gloomy time for me. Just when it feels it will never end, another spring arrives. I was searching for a poem or something to express my feelings about it, and found this which I never have heard; but think is so pretty:
The fasts are done; the Aves said;
The moon has filled her horn
And in the solemn night I watch
Before the Easter morn.
So pure, so still the starry heaven,
So hushed the brooding air,
I could hear the sweep of an angel's wings
If one should earthward fare.
~Edna Dean Proctor, "Easter Morning"

I wish everybody a wonderful day filled with sunshine, children, church, and chocolate!

15 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

Happy Easter!!

Lee said...

I'll go for the sunshine. One out of four is not good but sunshine carries bonus points.

Suburban Hooker said...

Happy Easter to you as well!! Congratulations on being one year free from the sitcks too!!

Bossy Betty said...

Happy Easter to you and yours!

Talli Roland said...

Happy Easter! Thanks for dropping by my blog and becoming a follower!

Midlife Jobhunter said...

"which is always a gloomy time for me."

That long without the sun is most gloomy. I don't know how you Northwesterners do it. Happy the sun is shining for you now.

tracyo said...

Thanks for the follow! Hope you had a great Easter!
Tracy
http://thedailymomdiaries.blogspot.com/

Lloyd said...

Thank you for sharing this poem. I really enjoyed reading through your blog. God bless, Lloyd

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Hi, I just found your blog and I love it and loined. I also would like the invite you to my blog I am having a giveaway and I hope you hop on over and join and leave me a comment and I will enter you.

You blog is amazing, I am still new at blogging but I put this one under my favorites!!!

Hugs, Tricia
Hillcrest Home Prims

~Nicole Ducleroir~ said...

Love your blog!!

Farmers Wife said...

Happy Easter!

Gaia said...

Hi, thank you for being my new blogger friend. Love your blog, now I am a follower too. Blessings

Debra from Bungalow said...

What a beautiful poem. I haven't heard that before....
Congratulations on your one year mark!! Mine is about 20yrs. I can't believe it was so long ago.

Stop on over and enter my giveaway.

Connie said...

Beautiful poem! This time of year is the best! We're finally getting a little warmth here in the Rocky Mountains!

Take care!

Stephanie said...

Hi,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I am an Easter fanatic too...Pastel colors make me faint!!!
Have a good week,
Stephanie