BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Goodbye Home Depot and Chevron


Both Home Depot and Chevron have lost me and my family as customers forever. Recently I got a letter from Chevron stating that they are reducing my credit card limit to $100.00 after a review of my credit. Then yesterday I went into Home Depot to rent a power cleaner and my Home Depot card was declined. When I called them, they said they reviewed my credit and decided to cancel my credit card. I have had credit with both of these companies for many years and never made a late payment. My credit numbers have improved over the years, so I don't get it. I am a small fry customer at Chevron and they probably won't miss me, but Home Depot is another story. My boyfriend is a flooring installer and purchases most of his material through them. He also sends his customers there. We are talking thousands of dollars per month. He will no longer shop there either. I honestly don't understand why a company would lose a long time customer over low limit credit card. Luckily there are plenty of gas stations and a Lowe's nearby.

13 comments:

concretenprimroses said...

I cancelled the HD card for our business because I made a late payment once (I simply forgot - we had the money). Well, I found out that they charge you interest for 2 months! So if you are late you shouldn't buy anything for a month because what ever you get you will be charged interest on for a second month even if you pay that month on time.
What a load of cr*p!
Kathy

Mary Newton Designs said...

I didn't realize HD could do that. I will surely re-evaluate shopping there. (I've had my credit limits reduced also, even though I haven't charged in 2 years and pay double the required amount!) Sorry for the hassle:(

heather said...

You might want to get your credit checked to make sure someone hasn't stolen your ID & done some damage to your score!!

LissaL said...

I know other people who are going through the same thing. Unfortunately everyone is being punished because of this friggin economy!

Connie said...

That sign is so true! I have stopped shopping at different stores because of being mistreated. Lowe's is lucky to get your business. Heather may be on to something with getting your credit checked...just in case!

Maggie Thornton said...

I agree with Heather, a credit check might be needed. I quit Home Depot because of their fondness of illegal labor hanging on their property.

Sue, thanks for following me. It's my pleasure to follow back.

The Muse said...

It is terrible that so many companies have lost their way...
In respect to financial...not sure why that happens, sigh...but it does hurt the consumer greatly.
Sorry you were effected.
And hope that this incident doesn't stop you from having a rocking good 4th! Stay safe...but have loads of patriotic fun!


Latest Work
http://adivashammer.com/?p=1477#comments

Georgina Dollface said...

I'm with one of the other commenters here. You might want to get your credit report, in case there is an error on it. It's odd that two lenders would do the same thing at the same time. Hope it is nothing big. Good luck! - G

Powdered Toast Man said...

stick it to the man!! Fight the power..lol

Where do you live that you have an abundance of Chevrons?

Keri said...

That would Tik me off too. I don't know who they think they are to just decide to 'REVIEW credit'. I'm on the band wagon here and am boycotting them too. Who needs um?

Keri

Mary Anne Gruen said...

I had several credit cards cancelled this year because I hadn't used them. But they usually dropped me a note in the mail. They may have been unhappy that you paid your bill on time.

sheila said...

Seems like all companies are doing this. Funny, they had no problem accepting bail out dough...but can't seem to find any to lend...and increase the rates on the regular folk....bastards.

anti snore said...

I like this post. Lowe's is lucky to get your business.