BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year! I hope everyone has a wonderful year filled with love and prosperity and good health. My New Years resolution (the same as last years) is to get off my rear and get some exercise.
My New Year's Resolutions
I will not throw the cat out the window
Or put a frog in my sister's bed
I will not tie my brother's shoelaces together
Nor jump from the roof of Dad's shed
I shall remember my aunt's next birthday
And tidy my room once a week
I'll not moan at Mum's cooking (Ugh! fish fingers again!)
Nor give her any more of my cheek.
I will not pick my nose if I can help it
I shall fold up my clothes, comb my hair,
I will say please and thank you (even when I don't mean it)
And never spit or shout or even swear.
I shall write each day in my diary
Try my hardest to be helpful at school
I shall help old ladies cross roads (even if they don't want to)
And when others are rude I'll stay cool.
I'll go to bed with the owls and be up with the larks
And close every door behind me
I shall squeeze from the bottom of every toothpaste tube
And stay where trouble can't find me.
I shall start again, turn over a new leaf,
leave my bad old ways forever
shall I start them this year, or next year
shall I sometime, or .....?
Robert Fisher

20 comments:

renilde said...

Have a great 2011!! xx Renilde

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Trouble might still find you if you throw a cat out a window!
Happy New Year!

Nicki said...

That is an adorable poem! It sounded like a Shel Silverstein poem at first. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful 2011!!!!!!

Cheryl said...

lol... cute.
Happy new year!!
~Cheryl

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I wanted to wish you a Happy New Year on this first day of 2011! I love visiting your blog and thank you for visiting mine! :<)

Wishing you a good day today and I hope that the coming year is a happy one for you!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Mitzi G. said...

Happy New Year to you!!!

Darlene said...

Happy New Year to you All!

Jean Tuthill said...

Have a very happy and healthy New Year. I love the poem, so cute!

Lady Jane said...

Love the poem sweetsue. Too cute. A very Happy New Year to ya, sweetie.

gayle said...

Mine is the same as yours .....to get moving!

Cute poem!

stock trading said...

I wish you a hopeful happy new year.

Helena said...

Yes, I also need to get moving, especially during these next few dreary winter months. That seems to be when the problem sets in. If I can make it through until April, I think I'll survive!

lilly said...

Thank you for your wishes and happy new year to you and your family, as well!

concretenprimroses said...

Happy New Year!
I liek those crime programs too. But one of my resolutions needs to be to watch them less.
Kathy

Toyin O. said...

That is a lovely resolution, good luck!

kirstyb said...

hope you had a fabulous new year x

Lloyd said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

health quotes. said...

Have a very happy and healthy New Year. I love the poem, so cute!That seems to be when the problem sets in. If I can make it through until April, I think I'll survive!

stock trading said...

tHIS POST IS VERY NICE,I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd.

snoring solution said...

Thanks for your valuable contribution!

Wishing you a good day today and I hope that the coming year is a happy one for you!